Monday, August 27, 2012

Burger Beautiful

Two recent instances of burger-ness are blog-worthy.

Sacramento is home to illegal food trucks congregating in a public park, coffee shops with personal french presses and the best patty melt sliders I've ever  - had -  or had the pleasure of ingesting. Cafeteria 15L. It's the bomb. "swiss, caramelized onion, special sauce and rye bread." I wish I'd snapped a food foto, but I was too busy trying not to cry. Yes, they were that good (and the space was just as cool).


Back in H-town, Natachee's did not disappoint. When I have trouble choosing between burgers alone, I know it's a good set-up. Opting out of the jalapeno option for once, I went for the Outside-In: "Hand-spanked burger full of cheddar and jack cheese, grilled to perfection, then topped with sauteed spinach, pickles and Ranch dressing." I couldn't put it down; it was that good, but also that juicy. Why waste napkins when you could inhale it instead?



If you grew up in the Shreveport // Bossier Metroplex, did you ever go to a place on Barksdale Blvd. called Teddy Bears? Best burgers ever! Juicy with a special sauce. And then it shut down. Along with my childhood dreams (i.e. all rewards for good grades were eaten up here, good memories with Mom). People are still talking about it on online forums... you know, the people who still read those.

Where Teddy Bears possibly used to be, according to Google Maps?
My 3rd-grade memory is fuzzy.

Midtown's Natachee's was the reincarnation. I can't wait to bring all my out-of-towners here! Raise a glass - or a patty - to making new memories at places like this.



No comments:

Post a Comment